Modern and Historical Pianos Restored, Bought, and Sold
Services for Modern Pianos
- Rebuilding, Restringing, Refinishing.
- Local and Long-distance piano moving.
- Soundboard and bridge repair.
- Soundboard and pinblock replacement.
- Action and damper regulation and rebuilding.
- Refelting of original hammers, retaining the old moldings.
- Restoration of ivory and ebony keyboards using period ivory.
- Key bushing with felt and leather.
- Installation of new hammers, hammer shanks and flanges, using only the finest imported replacement parts.
- Restringing using the appropriate music wire (iron, steel, brass, stainless steel).
- Custom-made bass strings for modern and historical instruments from our own workshop using the appropriate wire.
- Insurance appraisals.
Services for Historical Instruments
- Restoration of historical pianos and fortepianos, preserving all original parts.
- Restringing of historical instruments. (Historical instruments must not be restrung using modern music wire.)
- Photo-documentation and a technical report of all procedures and results.
- Historical research and documentation.
- Consultant service for individuals, museums and universities.
- Hand-made action parts for obsolete and historical instruments.